Tuesday, July 8, 2014


Welcome back! This week in the toddler room we are having some belated Independence Day celebrations! We read a book called The Story of America's Birthday. The children excitedly exclaimed "A FLAG" and "FIREWORKS" when I show them the pictures. They told me about watching fireworks over the weekend and I told them it was to celebrate America's birthday. They responded with "Happy Birthday America!" We made what I called "Fireworks in a Bottle" by putting pipe cleaners, small pom pom balls, confetti stars and water into bottles to shake and watch the items float around. After I glued the lids onto the bottles and gave them back to the kids, one of the girls shook the bottle, gave me a look, and said "This isn't fireworks." :) Can sneak past these smart cookies! We also sorted red, white and blue pom poms and glued together our own American Flags!












No comments:

Post a Comment